This page is under maintenance right now - it will be back online soon!
The UK Space Agency has been a generous supporter of the UK Space Design Competition and Galactic Challenge since 2013.
They are at the heart of UK efforts to explore and benefit from space. The UK’s thriving space sector contributes £9.1 billion a year to the UK economy and directly employs 28,900 with an average growth rate of almost 7.5%.
The agency provides funding for a range of programmes such as the National Space Technology Programme and works closely with national and international academic, education and community partners.
For 60 years the Trustees of the Garfield Weston Foundation have supported local charities across the UK. These small to medium organisations are often un-sung champions doing important work to keep our communities connected.
Didymus is a small, grant-making charity. Our funding helps organisations in England, Wales, Africa and South America to promote:
- Social inclusion
- The arts
- Equality and diversity
- Religious understanding
Rolls-Royce pioneers cutting-edge technologies that deliver the cleanest, safest and most competitive solutions to our planet’s vital power needs. We create the world’s most eco-friendly ships, power nuclear submarines and enable land-speed records. We’ve developed the world’s most efficient aero-engine and supported NASA earth science missions on the edge of space. This pioneering technology is only possible through our people, and people like you. We partner with UKSDC because we want to inspire the next generation, the future pioneers, to pursue careers in engineering & technology through exciting programmes and activities that bring Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) to life. It’s part of our global ambition to reach 6 million people through STEM programmes and activities by 2020
Global Space Design Challenge (GSDC) is an intensive residential summer programme for students from around the world. It offers you the chance to learn from experts from industry and academia. Profits from the program are donated to the Galactic Challenge, the UK and EU Space Design Competition through the Space Science Engineering Foundation
This is a unique and exciting science and engineering experience culminating in a challenge designed as a simulation of life in industry. As a participant you will:
- Work as a team to design a settlement in space and experience the challenges of working in a large industrial team.
- Have the chance to take your subject knowledge to the next level through a challenging academic programme that balances lectures, seminars and a high level of practical work.
- You will access professional advice and guidance around applying for university study in the UK, including tours University of Oxford, University of Cambridge and Imperial College London.
- You will receive mentoring and talks from world-class academics and industry experts.
- Meet current undergraduate students and learn about their experience of life at university.
- You will receive a certificate of achievement on completion of the course and the winning team receive medals.
- Enjoy and exciting social programme that lets you see London and explore the UK’s top universities.