UKSDC Video Competition 2020/21 RESULTS
Each video was seen by three sets of judges, so either five or six people separately viewed each video. Judges marked each RFP point, as well as metrics for clarity of communication and the quality of the engineering concept.
The judges’ recommendations and rankings were then passed to a group of senior judges for a final moderation. Based upon the number of places available at the National final in March, it was decided to take the top seven teams, and have the next three teams as reserves.
Things That Were Done Well
- Judges were impressed, overall, by the quality of the base vehicle designs and many videos showed excellent integration between the design and their functions.
- The judges’ results indicated that RFP point five was the best fulfilled on average.
Areas for Improvement
- Some confusion was seen from some teams who did not appreciate the significant length of journey times and the human factors that would need to be accommodated for.
- Some teams did not make use of the supporting documents and were not aware of the additional requirements contained therein.
UKSDC Finals March 19th – 21st 2021
The following teams have qualified for the UKSDC finals:
- Westminster School
- The Waid Academy
- Space Entrepreneur Society
- Oxford International College
- The Henrietta Barnett School
- St Mary Redcliffe and Temple Sixth Form Centre
- Hull Collegiate School
The following teams are reserves – we will notify you as soon as possible.
- Sutton Grammar School
- CSFC (Sigma)
- Wilson’s School